If you are a business looking to minimize cybersecurity risks due to employees "working from home", Firewalla offers simple and easy-to-deploy solutions. Here are a few solution scenarios for SMBs and enterprises.
- VPN Server
- VPN Client (Site-to-Site VPN, Remote Access VPN)
- Cyber Security Protection
- Activity and Parental Control
- Advanced Rules
- Network Segmentation (Firewalla Gold)
- Remote Management of Multiple Firewalla Devices
- A Better Network
- Dual WAN
Feature Use Cases:
- Network Segmentation divides your work network from the home network.
- Smart Queue to prioritize work traffic like zoom and Webex
- Dual WAN support, ensure your network is always available
- Various VPN Services to ensure your work traffic protected
- Content filtering to ensure your work asset is fully protected
Case 1: Small Business / Single Site Security
A small business with 4 employees and a single office location:
- Need a simple and affordable VPN solution for everyone to access office servers from home
- Office internet is 100Mb
- Low budget
- Install a Firewalla Blue in the office, and enable VPN Server
- Install OpenVPN client application on each employee's computer
- Simple and affordable VPN server, no monthly fees.
- Advanced firewall protecting the office network from cyberthreats
- The owner can remotely monitor the office network via the Firewalla app or the web interface
Case 2: SMB / Multi-Site and Home Security
A growing startup with 20 people and two office locations:
- Want to connect the two sites together securely and share resources
- Want to allow employees to securely access resources in both locations from home.
- Encourage employees to secure their home networks (provide perks or reimbursement)
- Office internet at both sites is around 500Mb
- Internet for home networks are less than 500Mb
- Install Firewalla Blue or Gold in both locations, and enable VPN Server and Client
- Use Site-to-Site VPN to connect both sites
- The employee can install Firewalla Blue at home
- Configure VPN Client on each Firewalla box
- Easily connect any device at home to VPN by tapping a button on the Firewalla app
- Or the employee can install the OpenVPN client app on their work device and connect to VPN Server
- Sophisticated VPN solution that's quick and simple to deploy
- Advanced cybersecurity protection for office networks as well as homes
- IT can remotely configure office Firewalla's and monitor office networks via the app or web interface
- Employees can give IT remote access to configure Firewalla boxes at home as needed
Case 3: Enterprise / Advanced Home Office Security
An enterprise company already has a VPN for remote access. Their primary need is to secure the home networks to reduce the overall attack surface/risks. Overall requirements include:
- Advanced security with IDS/IPS for home network
- Ability to segment work devices from the rest of the home devices
- Ability to do site-to-site VPN (optional)
- High performance and reliable home internet connectivity
- Parental control functions for employees with kids to manage while working
- Install Firewalla Gold at employee's homes
- Create a separate local network for work devices, so that work devices can access other parts of the network such as printers, but not the other way around.
- Create separate networks for kids' devices, IoT devices, etc.
- Set up site-to-site VPN between the "office network" at home and the corporate network (if the corporate/branch office uses Firewalla Gold, or a VPN server that supports OpenVPN).
- For homes with dual ISP lines, enable dual-WAN failover to avoid internet downtime (coming soon on Firewalla Gold)
- Reduce overall attack surface for corporate cybersecurity by creating a secure local network for work devices at employee's home
- Parental control functions helping improve employee productivity at home
- Employees can give IT remote access to configure the Firewalla at home as needed