Box Settings -> Advanced -> Reset -> Reset Policy Rules
This resets all the blocked Rules and Features applied to your network. In case you blocked 1000 sites and are not sure which one to unblock, this will fix that problem.
Reset to Factory Default
Reset and Recover Configuration
Reminder: after resetting or flashing a new image, you will need to pair with your unit again (https://firewalla.com/install). Your old Firewalla icon will not work.
If you'd like to recover the previous data after the reset. The recommended sequence is :
- Do not unpair the existing Box.
- Do the reset
- Tap on the "+" sign to pair with the new Box.
- Migrate data from your previous pairing: Go to Settings -> Advanced -> Migrate from other boxes. Here is the detailed tutorial on Box data migration.
- Tap and hold on to the previous Box icon on the App main page, then tap on "Unpair" to remove the previous box.
Reset Firewalla Blue/Red
1) If you can still access the Firewalla App.
Go to Box Settings -> Advanced -> Reset -> Reset to Factory Defaults
2) In case you can't access the App, you need to reset using a USB.
- Get an empty USB stick. Formatted with FAT partition.
- Create an empty file "firewalla_reset" and place it in the root of the USB stick.
- Plugin USB stick
- BOOT Firewalla
- Firewalla should now be reset
In case things go wrong, follow our guide to reflash Blue/Red's software image.
Reset Firewalla Gold/Gold Plus
- First screen -> tap the top right icon "…" -> scroll down and tap on "Hardware Troubleshooting" -> Tap the gold -> scan QR code -> tap on 'Reset to Factory Defaults'
- Wait for two minutes
- The box will be reset and rebooted. Pull down box main page to sync up.
- You can use the "plus" sign to pair the Gold, and tap the "Quick Setup" to recover the network setup.
Reset Firewalla Blue Plus
- Power Cycle the box
- When the green LED light starts blinking (within 10 seconds), use a pin to press and hold the reset button.
- Hold the button for about 10 seconds, then release the button when the green LED light becomes solid.
- The box will then boot up normally in about 3-5 minutes.
In case things go wrong, follow our guide to reflash Blue Plus' software image.
Reset Firewalla Purple/Purple SE
If you are using Firewalla Purple/Purple SE, please consult this article: Resetting Firewalla Purple/Purple SE.