Firewalla Gold provides built-in support (under Router Mode) for Triple Play VLAN offered by your ISP. Internet, IPTV, and IP-Phone traffic go through a single WAN connection, and then different channels get separated and mapped to different ports.
Your ISP provides the following VLAN IDs for your triple-play plan:
- Internet: VLAN 60
- IPTV: VLAN 61
- IP-Phone: VLAN 62
In this example, Firewalla Gold is connected to your modem through Port 4, which is the default port for internet connection.
To configure the triple-play WAN connection and port mapping:
- Go to Home -> Network -> Edit -> Create Network
- Choose Triple-Play under WAN Connection
- Enter VLAN ID 60, and select Ethernet Port 4
- Tap on IPTV, enter VLAN ID 61, and select Port 3
- Tap on IP-Phone, enter VLAN ID 62, and select Port 2
With the above configuration:
- All IPTV traffic will be forwarded through Port 3, bridged with Port 4, VLAN 61.
- All IP-Phone traffic will be forwarded through Port 2, bridged with Port 4, VLAN 62;
- All Internet traffic will be forwarded through Port 1 (default LAN).
If you don't want to use up all your ports on Firewalla Gold you can also set up triple play with VLANs as shown here for Firewalla Purple. This requires a managed switch with 802.1Q support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.