Please let us know your router model, and if you are using iOS/Android.
Firewalla has a built-in support function. This function helps us to remotely get into your box and help to diagnose the problem. We call this the 'remote support feature'.
This feature is default off, so without you give us a key, we can not look at what's going on.
During support, we may ask you to turn on this feature and send us the key.
Follow steps below:
1. Tap on the gear
2. Then tap on Help & Support
3. Tap on Remote Support
4. Turn Remote Support on and send the two numbers (Connection ID & Password) in the black circle to us. ( A screenshot may be easier)
After the support is over, please turn the button off. The password will be reset.
1. Is there a permanent support connection to Firewalla servers?
No. The connection is established when you enable the Remote Support button. And only with the connection ID and the password, we can get into the system.
2. Will the support system open a port on my router?
No. Firewalla uses something called a reverse proxy. This proxy is a connection from your Firewalla to our cloud server when the button is active.
3. What can support see when you are inside?
We can see what firewalla sees. Since firewalla can't see through encrypted connections, we can't either.
4. What will you do inside?
Most of the time we will be gathering logs and look at them. And in special cases, we may apply small pieces of software to temporarily fix the problem. We will let you know when that happens.
5. Can other people connect to Firewalla when support is on?
Very unlikely. In order to do that, they will have to get into firewalla cloud and then have the connection ID + password. Both have to happen for the connection to establish.
6. When will password and connection ID reset?
When you disable support mode or the system reboot.