Firewalla Network Events is part of the Firewalla Events feature. This feature can help you to identify various ISP-related issues, and help you to maintain a better network. It can provide you with the history of:
- WAN disconnected or restored
- Dual WAN state change (switch/failover)
- Ethernet Port connected or disconnected
Firewalla Events can be found in Main App-> Settings -> Events.
- Firewalla Gold / Purple can test your ISP network using network ping and also DNS queries automatically. The Box can log the WAN connectivity status changes using Events and will display a notification on the main screen of the Firewalla App. If your ISP is unstable, these events will help you debug or learn more about why the problem occurred.
- Firewalla Blue Plus is able to generate Events when the ethernet port is connected or disconnected.
If you tap on any WAN disconnected event, you'll find a list of connectivity test history. With this, you can find out if the issue is related to your ISP connectivity or your DNS server.
- Ping test and DNS test are used for WAN Connectivity Test. If one of the tests fails, WAN will be considered disconnected.
Customize Connectivity Tests:
If you are in a special environment and would like to change how these tests are done
- Tap Edit Test Targets on the connectivity test result page,
- or go to the WAN Network detail page -> scroll down -> tap Test Target -> tap Edit.
You'll find two sections: Ping Test Targets and DNS Test Targets.
Ping Test Targets:
- Up to 3 Ping test targets are supported
- You can edit the Ping Test Count and Success Rate Threshold.
The test will ping each of the targets several times (Ping Test Count) on every test. If the success rate is lower than the Success Rate Threshold you've set, the test will be considered as failed.
DNS Test Targets:
You can edit which domain is used for the test.
If the DNS server fails to resolve the target domain, the DNS test will be considered as failed.