WARNING: THIS IS PRE-RELEASE FEATURE RELEASE NOTES FOR ALPHA USERS. EVERYTHING HERE MAY CHANGE UNTIL BETA OR PRODUCTION. (questions: firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) VPN Client - Site to Site VPN
VPN Client supports connecting to another Firewalla Box (* Firewalla Blue Only ), to establish a bi-directional Site to Site VPN, two sites with Firewalla Box installed can inter-connect with each other.
2) VPN Client - Username/Password authentication
VPN Client supports connecting to 3rd-party VPN services using username/password authentication.
VPN services we've already tested with:
- IPVanish VPN
3) Blocking by IP Range, Port, Region (Beta)
Create Blocking Rules supports Creating rules to block IP Range, Port, Region (Beta).
* Due to performance issues, the Region block will initially only be available on Firewalla Blue and limited to only 3 countries max. This limitation may change at any time.
4) Per Device control of Family Protect, Ad Block, DNS Booster
Family Protect, Ad Block, DNS Booster feature supports applying to All Devices / Specified Devices.
DNS Booster Feature cannot be turned off globally.
5) Device Network Flow summary
Able to show 30 days and 60 minutes network flow summary for each device.
Safe search now supports all Google regional domains. (e.g. www.google.co.uk)
Improved reliability of VPN Client
Improved accuracy of Abnormal Upload Alarm
Improved reliability of auto port forwarding on Firewalla VPN server
- Improved reliability of port forwarding in DHCP mode
Improved stability of safe search
Improved accuracy of device discovery
Able to detect more types of security activity alarms.
Able to refresh DDNS much faster when public IP is changed.
Major Bug Fixes:
Fixed a bug that box's IP address may be deleted under some condition in DHCP mode.
Fixed a bug that port forwarding on TCP port 80 may not work in DHCP mode.
- Fixed a bug that muting a specific open port in Open Port Alarm may not work.