This version is currently available to:
- Firewalla Gold, Purple, Purple SE and Blue Plus (Beta)
To join the Beta program, please refer to this guide: Beta Onboarding.
- Firewalla Gold SE
If you have any issues, please post them here: https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/115000361734-Beta-Users
1. More Accurate Data Usage Calculation in Router Mode
Firewalla Data Usage helps you monitor your online data usage trends over 12 months and notifies you when your usage is close to reaching your ISP's data plan limit. As mentioned in the Bandwidth Usage Monitoring doc, previous versions did not count IP and MAC headers in your data packets, which could cause around a 10% deviation. Additionally, data related to some features, including VPN, Speed Test, and Docker containers, were not included in the calculation.
With this release, Firewalla can now calculate your data usage more accurately by catching the exact data amount going out of your WAN port to your ISP. You won't need to worry about over-consuming data without being notified first.
2. Better Detection of Captive Portals
When traveling with Firewalla, Purple's short-distance Wi-Fi allows you to connect your Firewalla to a public Wi-Fi network to give your devices Internet access while still being protected by your Trusted LAN.
Some public Wi-Fi networks use a captive portal that requires users to pass through before granting them access. With release 1.977, we've improved how we detect different types of captive portals to make the experience of traveling with Firewalla easier and smoother.
- Fixed the issue where the Firewalla box time zone was not up to date.
- Fixed the issue where "Device Groups" were not migrated during the initial setup migration.
- Fixed the issue where VPN Client - AnyConnect did not work on Firewalla Blue Plus.
- Fixed the issue where IPv6 did not work for dual-WAN setups if the IPv6 configuration on the WAN was changed.
- Fixed the issue where Country and City info was mismatched in the destination details of flows and alarms.
Fixed the issue where WAN IP was not being renewed automatically after the WAN's DHCP range was changed.