If you lucky enough to have a UPnP enabled router or a NAT-PMP enabled router (Apple), Firewalla VPN should just work. In case it doesn't work, you will need to do a manual port map.
Example: Apple router (Apple should just work, in case it doesn't, here are the manual steps)
To get VPN working on routers that don't have support for UPnP or have UPnP off, please follow these steps after turning on VPN via the app.
1. Tap on the gear button on the top right.
2. Then look at the IP address shown, write it down
3. Setup Port Mapping on the base station.
AirPort Utility > Select the base station > Edit > Network tab
- Click the "+" (Add) button under Port Settings or Port Mappings.
- Description: <enter: Firewalla OpenVPN>
- Public UDP Ports: <enter 1194>
- Public TCP Ports: <leave blank>
- Private IP Address: <enter the IP address from (2)>
- Private UDP Ports: <enter 1194>
- Private TCP Ports: <leave blank>
- Click "Save"
- Click "Update"