If you have access to the phone that's already paired with Firewalla
- On the old phone that's already paired, launch the Firewalla app, tap on the Firewalla icon that you want to pair to
- On the top right corner, tap on the gear icon, it brings up the settings UI
- Tap on the Advanced option
- Find Allow additional pairing option, and swipe the button to turn it on
- Wait for 60 seconds
- Make sure your new phone is on the same wifi/network as Firewalla.
- On your new phone, launch the Firewalla app, the "New Firewalla" icon will show up
- Tap on "New Firewalla", and go through the paring process as you did before. This pairing cycle will only last about 5 min.
If you are having problems with this, please wait at least 15 min between the next try. This will help the system flush out the MDNS entries which were used to check if your phone is on the same network as Firewalla.
If you don't have access to the paired phone anymore
- Pull the power plug off Firewalla and reconnect it.
- Wait 6-8 min. (not too long, or the pairing process will shut down)
- Launch Firewalla app,
- Follow the same process as you are pairing a new Firewalla