Update: Pre-Sale ended, Gold SE is now orderable/ship immediate from https://firewalla.com/goldse
To celebrate the 6th anniversary of our first-ever product launch, we’re excited to introduce the Firewalla Gold SE!
Introduction Video: https://youtu.be/qftDMHPjBfY
The Gold SE is our answer to your requests for a Firewalla that is fast enough to handle the Internet of the future while still being economical enough for everyday home networks. With 2 x 2.5Gb ports and 2 x 1Gb ports, the Gold SE can get you the most out of your connection without sacrificing affordability. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are!
The Firewalla Gold SE Pre-sale will start at 8 AM June 12th, 2023 (Pacific Time). Please sign up before June 9th to get an additional early bird discount coupon
Tentative shipping date is December 2023
The Firewalla Team is proud to bring you the Firewalla Gold SE Pre-Sale.
- 2 x 2.5Gbit Ports & 2 x 1Gbit Ports
- 4GB RAM
- Quadcore ARM CPU
- Packet Processing at 2Gbit
- Same great software as the Gold and Gold Plus
- All at an affordable price!
Pre-sale Starting: June/12/2023 8 AM Pacific Time
- Pre-sale coupon signup here: https://firewalla.com/goldse
- The extra early bird coupon will be delivered via email before the launch.
- Early bird pricing is limited; coupon use is limited.
- The unit price will increase closer to the shipping date.
- Tentative shipping date: December 2023
- Shipping is first come, first serve
- There will be early beta units available to test (same hardware + beta software)
- This a presale, your credit card will be charged after ordering the unit.
- You can cancel your order before it is shipped for a full refund. (email email@example.com)
- When the unit is shipped, you will receive a tracking number.
- All units can be returned within 30 days of receiving the unit.
Will there be a trade-in program?
Unfortunately no, we do not have the capability to create such programs. Pre-sales are usually the best time to update/upgrade an existing system!
Will WiFi SD work with the Gold SE?
How does the unit compare to Gold?
Other than the port speed differences, the Gold is likely to have a bit higher performance on WireGuard and OpenVPN protocols than Gold SE. (10 to 20% higher).
Gold CPU performance is a bit higher than Gold SE. If you are going to run various docker applications and don’t need 2.5Gbit port speed, Gold is a better choice.
How does this unit compare to the Gold Plus?
The Gold Plus can do LAG and get you close to 5Gbit performance. When using LAG, the Gold SE is limited to 2Gbit. Additionally, the Gold Plus can handle single port traffic between 2.3 and 2.4Gbit, whereas the Gold SE is close to 2.3Gbit download but limited to 2Gbit upload (QoS via FQ_Codel/Cake is also faster on the Gold Plus). If you are running PPPoE protocol on the WAN side, the Gold SE is limited to 700 to 800Mbps compared with Gold Plus at 1.7Gbps.
The port speed of all ports on Gold Plus is 2.5Gbps, while only two ports on Gold SE is 2.5Gbps.
If you are a power user, the Gold Plus is a better choice.
What is the pricing of the Gold SE?
The final price of the Gold SE is TBD at the moment. Like all of our pre-sale and crowdfunding, the sale price will be very good.
Will I be able to migrate settings?
Yes, you can. We will likely enhance this so more configurations can be migrated. https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015356093-How-to-migrate-data-from-one-Firewalla-Box-to-another-
Is this unit fanless?
Is a mounting plate included?
No. (there will be mounting screw holes on the back of the unit)
I have a red / blue / blue + should I upgrade?
Although these single port units are great for augmenting your network, they are not 'true' routers. If you want more great features like https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404423835795-Creating-a-Better-Network you should upgrade. (pre-sales are always the best time to get the best price)
I have a Purple; should I upgrade?
Besides the 2 Gigabit performance, If you need any of these
- Multiple ports, or a secondary WAN, Port-based segmentation
- More memory for docker containers
- More country blocks, and VLAN (unlimited country blocks and more VLAN with Gold)
I have a Gold; should I upgrade?
The Firewalla Gold is an extremely powerful unit. There is no need to upgrade if you do not need the 2 Gigabit ports (WAN or LAN).
I have a Gold Plus; should I upgrade?
No, the Gold Plus the best you can get
Please sign in to leave a comment.