There are some great hidden gems in the Firewalla app that will save you time and let you do more with your Firewalla. In case you haven't found them already, here are a few of our favorites.
- On Device Group -> Devices List, swipe left to remove any device from the device group. For example, on the Quarantine group's devices list, swiping left will remove devices from Quarantine.
- On the Devices list, sort the list by top download, top upload, last seen time, name, etc using the arrows in the top right of the screen.
- On the Devices list, search devices by Device Name, MAC Address, IP address. The ability to search devices by local domain name is coming up in the next app release.
Use Spotlight to locate and open Devices and Networks directly in the Firewalla app.
- On Firewalla's main screen, tap the flow chart of the last 24 hours to view the history flows of any specific hour.
- On Network Flows -> Blocked Flows, tap the right side of the Blocked Flows to see the Remote Port, Blocked by (IP or DNS), Blocked Count, Direction (Inbound or Outbound).
- On the Network Flows display, a tap on the right side of the screen will also display extra information. (This is iOS only, Android is coming soon)
Alarms and notification:
- Tap "…" on any alarms to delete/archive all alarms
- Tap "…" on any New Device Alarms to mute new device alarms on any network.
- For users who own multiple Firewalla boxes, you can go to Box Settings -> Box Name to change the name of the Firewalla Boxes.
- After naming your Firewalla boxes, go to Box Settings -> Notifications, to turn on/off the ability to show Firewalla Box name in notifications.
- You can go to a previous screen by swiping right. For example, from the main screen go to Devices and then swipe right and you will be back to the main screen.
- For Firewalla Gold and Purple, go to Box Settings -> About -> Port Speed, to check Ethernet Port Speed (This is a new feature in App version 1.48)
- To use multiple phones to manage one Firewalla box, go to Box Settings -> Advanced -> Allow Additional Pairing. Turn on Additional Pairing and use another Firewalla App to scan the QR code generated. Learn more about Additional Pairing.
- If you want to know how many phones are paired with your Firewalla box, go to Box Settings -> Advanced -> Paired Phones, tap on any of them to unpair. You can also tap on the first one (this phone) to change your email address.
- You can pull down to refresh the screen you are looking at. For example, look for new devices that just joined the network.