If at any stage you have problems, please feel free to open a support case by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer satisfaction is built into our team culture. We will guarantee to respond in less than 24 hours.
Double Check List:
- Ethernet cable is securely connected on both ends.
- SD Card is securely pushed in. (There should be a SD card comes with the package. If not, please let us know.)
- Use the enclosed USB adapter for power. If you use your own, make sure it supports 5V/2A. (You can experiment with powering Firewalla with USB ports on your router. But make sure they are USB 3.0 ports, USB 2.0 may not work, and can cause problems.)
- Your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Firewalla connects to.
- If you have VPN (or anything like VPN) on your mobile phone, please turn that off.
- Please double check and see if you have any security software running on your mobile phone, such as Lookout, Airwatch, Mobileiron ... these software may have policies that block traffic. Temporary turn them off.
Status Lights Check:
Firewalla has following lights to indicate the status of the box. (Sorry, we don't like traditional status light.)
- there are two lights next to the ethernet port, one on each side
- peering through the side vent hole, there are two lights inside
What do these lights mean? Please see following instruction.
Ready for Pairing:
When Firewalla is fully booted and ready for pairing (it may take up 5 mins), you should see:
- only a green light next to the ethernet is blinking
- the inside light is solid red
- and a “New Firewalla” appears in Firewalla app
If the lights indicate the box is ready to pair, but Firewalla app can’t find the box, please kill the app and relaunch. This will retry the pairing process. The pairing window only lasts for 60 mins. If you missed the paring window, please power cycle the box to restart the pairing window.
Fail to Boot up:
If after 10 mins plugin power, the box failed to boot up, you should see one of the following light indication:
- two lights (one green and one yellow) next to the ethernet port are solid on
- the inside light is flashing
Follow this instruction to do a hard reset of the box: