Note: In the Firewalla 1.52 app release, you can now add Custom DNS Entry Rules via the Firewalla app instead of through the method established in this guide. Watch a video tutorial or read more about this feature in our 1.52 App Release Notes.
Before you get started with this guide:
- This is for Firewalla Gold/Purple series only.
- This is for Router mode only.
- This is a technical doc for Pros.
- This is not officially supported and is not guaranteed to work long term.
1. Create any file under ~/.firewalla/config/dnsmasq_local/
$ cat ~/.firewalla/config/dnsmasq_local/example
Option: the configuration will be applied globally. To override other upstream DNS server, use server-high instead of server
# Normal Priority
# High Priority
Likewise, you can alias a CNAME this way:
Where one or more aliases can point to a domain.
2. Restart Firewalla DNS Service
sudo systemctl stop firerouter_dns
sudo systemctl start firerouter_dns