MSP release 2.3.0 is now available to all MSP users. To learn more about Firewalla MSP, please see https://firewalla.net.
Alarms UI Remodeling
We've completely redesigned the Alarms page! Based on feedback from the community, we've reorganized the Alarms list into a table to make it easier to read and interpret critical information about your networks. You can now:
- Filter your alarms by alarm type, box, device, domain, region, and more
- Choose a time range you want to focus on (last 60 minutes, last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, or a custom time range)
- Sort by alarm count, data upload, data download, or total data transfer
- See trends over time using the Alarms Summary graph
Please note that it takes around 1-2 minutes to prepare the alarm data after updating your MSP to version 2.3.0. During this time, the Alarms page will not be usable.
In addition to being able to easily filter, search, or sort your data, we're now supporting Alarms Reports. This means you can quickly keep any of your filter or search criteria for future use by saving them as a Report. You can create Reports that help you do things like:
- Identify what boxes on your network get the most security alarms
- Find out which device has the largest abnormal uploads
- See a timeline of VPN Activity on your networks
- And more!
Reports for Alarms work just like they do for Flows. To start exploring how to use Reports, open one of the default Firewalla-owned Alarms Reports and start editing by adjusting the filters, changing the time range, selecting different columns, or changing how the table is sorted.
To learn more about using Reports, you can watch our video tutorial below or read our MSP 2.1.0 Release Notes.
Rule Hit Count Display & Reset
You can now see and reset Rule Hit Count in MSP. This is helpful for understanding how your rules protect your network and enforce your policies. You can view hit count on the Rules table and sort your rules by hit count to see which is most "popular" and which may be unnecessary.
If you click on a rule, its hit count will be displayed at the top of the dialog. Hover over the information icon to reset its hit count to 0.
Support for Device Type
In this release, we now support displaying and changing each device's device type. This makes it simple to add valuable information about your devices and correct any device identification mistakes.
Device Type is listed under each device's Device Name on its page. If you'd like to change the device type, simply click Edit, select a new device type, then hit Save. Changing your device's device type will modify its icon.
Enhancements & Bug Fixes
- Supported creating a Alarm mute setting with a Firewalla-owned or Box-owned target list.
- Supported adding multiple ports to the destination port filter from the Filters dialog.
- Fixed the issue where target lists in MSP were not updated automatically when an entry was added through the app.
- Fixed the issue where clicking the View Detail link in the Slack MSP integration failed to open MSP properly.
- Fixed the issue where blocked flows would sometimes show a device as Unknown if the blocked source was IPv6.
- Fixed the issue where port MAC addresses were listed in opposite order.
- Fixed some display issues.
- Hit count on some MSP rules may be displayed as 0 incorrectly.