MSP release 2.2.0 is available to beta users, please visit this link for 2.2.0 release notes and how to join Beta. https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/articles/20464934704659
Firewalla Reports makes it easy to organize, search, and sort data from your boxes. Reports can help you quickly identify important stats and better understand what's happening on your network. You can do things like:
- See which devices are using up abnormal amounts of data
- Identify what activities your networks are being used for (gaming, video, social media, etc.)
- Find where in the world your top blocked flows are coming from
- And much more…
If you want to see what devices on your network have been consuming the most amount of video traffic over the last 7 days, you can create a Report to display a list of unblocked flows to video sites over the past 7 days, summarized by total data amount and flow count.
Create and Edit Reports
To create a Report, navigate to the Reports page from the left navigation bar, and tap "+ Create Report". Enter a name for your Report, then click "Create". You'll see a summarized view of your flows to start with. To customize your Report, you can:
- Adjust the filters: Filter your data by Box, Status, Destination, Device, Category, Region, Upload/Download, and more.
- Change the time range: Choose between the last 60 minutes, 24 hours, 7 days, or 30 days. You can also select a custom date range.
- Select which columns you are interested in
- Choose how the table should be sorted
When you click "Save Report" at the right of the screen, the filters, time range, and columns you've configured will be saved as part of the Report so you can access them again at any time.
View and Update Reports in Flows
Flows Reports can also be opened or updated from the Flows page. Your three most recently opened Reports will be listed at the top of the Flows page. Open a Report by clicking its name, and go back to see all Flows by clicking “All”.
You can also create or update your reports from the Flows page by tapping the Save/Save As button next to the search bar.
2. VPN Mesh Updates
We've added an introductory guide to the VPN Mesh page to walk you through initial setup when you're creating a VPN Mesh for the first time. You'll be guided to create a new mesh or watch our VPN Mesh tutorial video.
In addition, when creating or updating a VPN Mesh, Firewalla will now detect conflicts when existing WireGuard Site-to-Site VPNs are added into a mesh and help you resolve them automatically.
3. Version Upgrade Options
MSP Update helps manage updates to your MSP instance. Under the MSP Settings, you can see what version of MSP you're running, check if any updates are available, and schedule updates.
You can also easily join our Beta Program to try new features earlier.
You can schedule updates by setting a Maintenance Window, which is a time period during which Firewalla will automatically upgrade your MSP. Your maintenance window guarantees that Firewalla only updates your MSP during safe hours.
- Professional plan users can specify an hour in any time zone for their maintenance window.
- Business plan users can specify an hour, a day of the week, and a time zone.
Schedule / Delay MSP Update
When a new update is available, you'll see a banner with a summary of new features and the release notes.
- If you're a Professional plan user or you're a part of the beta program, you can choose to update immediately or let your MSP automatically update itself during your maintenance window.
- If you're a Business plan user not in the beta program, you can also choose to schedule the update within the next 7 days.
Enhancements & Bug Fixes
- Supported lowercase filters when using the search bar.
- Fixed the issue where the live WAN throughput graph didn't update with the speed of the Internet.
- Fixed the issue where users could add one box to an MSP instance multiple times.
- Fixed some display issues.
- [Flows] The web UI may crash when clicking a flow on a Device/Device Group’s detail page.
- [Flows] No value will be shown for Device Group column on the Flows page when under an individual box’s view.
- [Flows] When filtering flows by any Device Group, the results may be empty even if there are flows on the Device Group.
- [Flows] When generating reports for boxes that only contain inbound blocking flows, the results may be empty.
- [Flows] The timestamp displayed on the detail flow dialog may be incorrect.
- [Version Upgrade Options] By default, the Maintenance Window may display the browser’s local timezone, but the actual effective timezone is set to “America/Los_Angeles”. The workaround is to open the settings of the Maintenance Window and save it.