When we started the Firewalla project in 2016, we wanted to build something that's open; Not only open source but also open to modifications. Therefore in the first three platforms we delivered, the Firewalla Red / Blue and Gold, all are standard Ubuntu Linux +full shell access.
Please feel free to post your concepts, ideas, how-tos to this section.
Here are some of the earlier tutorials and concepts we made
- Fun Things with Linux
- Expanding with Dockers Tutorials
- Homebridge via Dockers
- Pi-Hole via Dockers (Gold)
- Pi-Hole via APT (Red/Blue)
- Unifi Controller via Dockers
- Scripting and Persistance Firewalla Gold
User contributions (untested by Firewalla)
Expanding The Platform
- Firewalla Red / Blue: The firewalla red and blue are booted off the SD Card, so it is fairly easy to install new software via 'apt'.
- Firewalla Gold: only expandable via Dockers
A Friendly Reminder
- Many of the tutorials here are for power users. If you are not familiar with Linux please be really really careful on what you are doing.
- If you break anything, here is how to reset the system https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004370213-How-to-Reset-Firewalla-Box-
- The default user in firewalla has sudo access. So consider anything you are running has root access.
- Firewalla is not responsible for the security of packages you are installing or using.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. The use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.