In addition to our compatibility guide here, here are routers we are investigating compatibility issues.
- Arris / Xfinity XB6: two reports on simple mode may disturb network. Please use DHCP mode, we are debugging this. Got a third report this won't work with SImple mode. (Technicolor model). Following tutorial will show how to get it working with DHCP mode https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009259414-Tutorial-DHCP-mode-on-XB6-and-other-Xfinity-Routers
- Huawei HG659b rebranded Spark: Not compatible with simple mode. Please use DHCP mode.
- Mitrastar: Looks like it is a Huawei router. Not compatible with simple mode. Please use DHCP mode. Result blocking may not work. We are looking
- ARRIS (ATT) 5268: Tap on devices and find device look like 5268AC, and do not put it in monitor mode! (contributed by George L.)
- If you are having problems with Orbi satalites, please disable monitoring of that in devices.
- Netgear X6S may not be compatible. Use DHCP mode.
- Fritzbox 6490 VPN may not work in Germany
- Asus RT-AC68R may need to turn off Firewall before install. (to find firewalla)
- 9/18 Actiontech T3200 may not compatible with DHCP mode. Network dies after one hour usage. Under investigation
- 11/30 Technicolor TC8717T experiencing very frequent IP address changes. \
- 2/1 Fritzbox 7490 (Simple mode will not work, DHCP only)
- 2/1 Fritzbox 6490 (simple mode working)
Enhanced Simple Mode compatible list (In Alpha, not released)
- Synology 2600
- Netgear X4
- Fritzbox 7490
- Hitron CODA 4582
Please sign in to leave a comment.