I am thinking of buying a FWG Plus mostly for segmenting my network into VLANs. I have several questions regarding VLAN and FW.
- In FW, if I add a VLAN, the original LAN is still there. But in other implementations, everything is VLAN and there is no concept of LAN. Is the LAN the same as "default VLAN" or "native VLAN"?
- I have read that all FWG ports are trunk ports. What happens if a tagged port receives an untagged frame? Does it drop it? Or does it consider it's coming from "LAN"?
- Conversely, what happens if I send a frame to LAN? Is it forwarded to all the trunk ports (i.e., all ports are implicitly members of LAN)? Or only to the ports that are explicit members of LAN?
- Is there any way to set PVID for the ports?
- What is the VLAN number of "LAN"?
Please sign in to leave a comment.