This feature requires:
Firewalla Box version 1.966 (Beta) + iOS App version 1.36 / Android App version 2.49 (Beta)
To join Beta: settings->advanced->beta program and turn beta 'on'
Learn more on Firewalla Beta Program
03/03/2020 - Released production version of iOS App: version 1.36
03/02/2020 - Released Beta version of Android App: version 2.49
03/03/2020 - Released Beta version of Firewalla Box: version 1.966
1) Bandwidth Usage Monitoring
Large Bandwidth Usage:
Able to monitor devices' bandwidth usage and generates Large Bandwidth Usage alarm when a device has consumed a large amount of data in a short period of time, comparing to the total network bandwidth usage.
Monthly Data Plan :
Able to monitor the network's data usage and generates a Monthly Data Plan alarm when the data usage exceeds a given threshold within a month. User can configure the data plan threshold and the reset date of each month.
2) DNS over HTTPS
Able to send DNS requests over an encrypted HTTPS connection instead of plain text to increase security and privacy. This feature can be applied per device.
Learn more about DNS over HTTPS
To test DNS over HTTPS, please set DNS over HTTPS "settings" to Cloudflare (others off), then visit https://126.96.36.199/help
3) Archive/ Delete All Alarms
On any alarm, tap "…" -> "More actions", you can choose to delete or archive all the alarms in the alarm list. The number of all alarms will be shown on the page title.
4) Device Local Domain
- Support using the local domain to access your devices instead of IP address.
- Support local domain alias for each device.
5) VPN Client Kill-switch
- Support VPN client kill-switch that auto disconnect device's internet access if VPN is down
- Able to detect and generate an alarm if VPN Connection encounters errors.
- Able to detect and generate an alarm if VPN Connection restores.
6) Block VPN Sites
Firewalla now offers a new category of blocking target - all VPN sites, to help you block 3rd party VPN connections in your network. The VPN sites list is populated by learning your network.
- Moved feature DNS Booster configuration to "Box Settings“ -> ”Advanced“ -> ”Configurations"
- Support quick access to Firewalla Web Interface
- Support automatically load additional archived alarms
- Support automatically archive all similar alarms
- Support auto-selecting an overlay subnet to avoid network conflict
- Support auto-invalidating customized network settings if Firewalla is moved to a new router with a new subnet
- Provide better network flow details and actions
- Provide better alarm details and actions
- Improve performance on HTTP monitoring
Major Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug that customized theme is not auto-applied after restarting the App
- Fixed a bug that app may crash in Network Flow UI
- Fixed a bug that UPNP port forwarding may use a wrong IP.