1. Target List
- requires Firewalla 1.972
- requires Firewalla App 1.45 for full functionality
Target list allows you to create your own list using IP or domain address; this list can be used to create rules to block, allow, or prioritize a group of targets. If you have a lot of rules, this feature can help you to organize them.
- Target Lists can only be created and managed using the Firewalla Web interface.
- Target Lists can be applied via the Web or App (version 1.45 or greater)
- Target List items for this version is restricted to 20 items
- IP Range
- You can only create up to 5 target lists
Here is an example where you can easily create a target list to identify the "Purple Fox" malware's command and control sites. You can later use this to block traffic to devices/networks.
You can also create specific sites like "gaming" for kids.
On both Firewalla App (1.45 or greater) and Web Interface, when you create a rule, you can choose to match a target list.
2. Export Alarms and Devices
- Export all/selected devices, including the Name, Group, IP Address … and other basic information to a .csv format file.
- Export the recent 10 alarms to a .csv format file.
If you have any other requests or suggestions on the Web interface, please email us at email@example.com
- If a new device is quarantined, the New Device alarm didn't have the “Release from quarantine” button.
- IPv6 Address was not displayed correctly on Network flows.
- In Alarm Detail, Device Port was not displayed.
- Several UI issues on Alarm Settings, Device list table, etc.
For Ad Lists, is the popular ad lists supported? Can we improve the ad lists to allow for URL's to pull ad lists from (like in PiHole?)
Additional ad lists will be supported in the ad blocker.
Is Firewalla using a list like "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oneoffdallas/dohservers/master/iplist.txt"
to block clients from attempting DoH in the Firewalla Managed All DoH sites graphic above?
Is Firewalla Blocking Apple private relay ...Noticed it firewalla web app?
This is a great feature. It would be great to have more than 200 entries because there are a lot of bad actors working on malicious attacks. For example my list of Russian, Ukrainian, and Iranian IOA and IOC URLs and IPs is about 2,700 entries today.
My workaround is to create a list that I add to Pi-Hole. This is my current list shared in an effort to keep the Firewalla community safe during the current geopolitical situation.
Why is export limited to 10 alarm entries?
Yes, why only the 10 most recent alarms for export? What if I have been busy and now need to export #11-#20?
Please sign in to leave a comment.