App Release iOS/Android 1.44 is currently available for early access release only, requiring Box version 1.971 or later.
If you are not an early access user, yet interested in testing out these new features, please email us at email@example.com.
This release also supports features in 1.972.
- Snooze rules
- Flexible source NAT
- Better accounting for long-lived connections
1. Application Blocking
Applications can now be blocked individually.
The App list is sort by alphabet and it will be continually updated. Only blocking rules are supported when matching Apps in the current release.
Note: The apps in the list are not final, we may adjust in the future.
2. Policy-based Routing (Gold only)
You can now forward traffic any way you want through the system.
- You can specify any type of traffic and route them to your VPN servers, as long as the VPN is connected. For example, routing all video traffic to a 3rd party VPN server.
- If you have a dual-WAN setup, you can route any traffic to any WAN connection no matter the WANs are set to failover or load balancing.
3. Smart Queue - Traffic Prioritization (Gold Only)
Note: This feature is only available on Android for now. iOS is coming soon.
In addition to limiting bandwidth usage, you can prioritize traffic by creating smart queue rules. The priority applies to both Upload and Download traffic, it can be set to one of the followings:
- High: For video conferencing/voice chat/gaming and other traffic that requires minimum delay.
- Default: Default priority for all traffic.
- Low: For P2P or other non-essential services run in the background to prevent network congestion.
Application-based prioritization will be supported soon.
4. Add Device/ Group/ Network shortcut to the main screen
You can now add your most frequently used devices, groups, networks to the box main screen. It allows you to block/unblock internet access, or dive into the detail with one tap.
Up to 3 devices/ groups/ networks are supported in total.
- Able to create Rules matching the combination of a Domain/ IP address / IP range and Remote Ports.
- Turn on/off New Device Quarantine per local network (Gold Only)
- In Help & Support -> Remote Support, we've merged ID and Password into Credential, you can easily copy it by tapping the copy icon next to it, and send to our support team for remote access.
- When creating a guest network, devices in the guest network will not be able to SSH Firewalla box.