- Firewalla has a build in DNSMASQ server, which can help you to speed up the DNS lookups. Eventually, you can use that to block any site you want. (The last part is not yet fully implemented)
- If you manually pointing the DNS server to Firewalla, it can also work with family mode and ad block mode. (not fully tested, but should work in theory)
- The VPN server doesn't rely on the monitoring capability. So it can be used independently.
Generic Linux Server
- We packed this little thing with a full Linux distribution. So you can pretty much do anything you want on it (given you know what you are doing)
- It is common scripting languages such as node, python
- It has built-in compiler such as GCC