I am new to Firewalla and it wasn't on my radar until someone at SNB Forums suggested it. I was using Untangle and PFSense before this and what a breath of fresh air Firwalla feels like! I'm glad I'm part of the community. I do have some questions
1) I realize that the firewall needs some time to learn what is abnormal or not and so what do I do with the notifications from my Ring devices that data is being uploaded? Do I just archive them and hopefully after a couple of days they'll stop or do I mute them? What is the best practice with this?
2) Same question for notifications for my PC and PS5 reporting that its gaming.
3) I use GetFlix to access Disney+ on my TV but with Firewalla, looks like the custom DNS setting on the TV is being ignored. I think I saw an option where Firwalla is caching DNS. I have "Stopped Moniitoring" the TV but the issue remains.
4) Looking to get around the above, is it possible to have Disnay+ go over a VPN but other services like Netflix or Amazon NOT going over VPN on the same device?
5) Taking the above one step further, since VoIP calls are blocked in my country, can I have WhatsApp calls go over the VPN from all phones connected to WiFi?
Please sign in to leave a comment.