We have a number of streaming devices that don’t tear down their TCP connection. A single connection will live for months and, for reasons I don’t understand, the Firewalla won’t see it until tear down.
We tried tcpkill to reset the connection but haven’t had much luck with that in a script. We did get success with resetting the streaming device. Resetting the device is a four second interruption which we would prefer not to have but acceptable for our testing. After adding an hourly reset to crontab the network flows are accurately displaying the streaming traffic.
See the last entry.
All the traffic spikes occurred during tests where we reset the stream.
Please sign in to leave a comment.