I got a notice about Firewalla Blue (I almost supported Red but it was just too under-powered for my needs) so I thought I would revisit Firewalla Blue (FB). First I like the focus on performance but was immediately disappointed in the fact that there is only ONE gigabit NIC. So I had the following questions.
1. How will Firewalla Blue achieve "near" gigabit speeds on one network card? Traffic needs to enter Firewalla and exit Firewalla through the same interface, wouldn't this limit you to 500Mbps?
2. How are clients directed to go through FB (arp spoofing/poisoning)?
3. How will the VPN server impact Firewalla's performance? Ex: if I'm remote and connect to my firewalla's VPN server at around 70Mbps what impact will this have on it's performance?
4. How likely will a VPN client be? Being able to connect the firewalla to a 3rd party VPN provider is a must have for me.
5. Is the Ad Blocking based on DNS? How much of an impact will this have on overall performance?
6. How will Firewalla inspect encrypted traffic and will this break websites?
7. Can you block traffic/connections by country?
8. How robust will the parental controls be? Can we set daily time limits by device/user?
9. Can Firewalla Blue work inline with other firewalls?
Anyway that's all I have, thank you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.