For more General Announcements of Firewalla Product Line, please consult
Firewalla software releases and automatically updates 2 go 3 months. Some releases are featureful, some are bug fixes. If you want to try out the software before production release before to join our beta program
Updates are automatic, you do not need to do anything to get the latest.
- Site to Site VPN
- VPN Client compatible with popular VPN services
- Block by IP Range, Port, Region
- Per device control of family protect, Adblock and DNS BOOOOOOSTER
- Per Device Network Flow Summary
- Safe search (youtube, google, bing, duckduckgo)
- DHCP mode configuration ... and IP reservations
- Enhanced Simple Mode (supporting simple mode on more routers)
- Block P2P + Gambling sites
- Open Port alarms. (UPNP)
- More malware blocking features + bug fixes
- Improved blocking reliability for gaming, social, video and porn.
- Improved memory usage of both Firewalla Red and Blue.
- Improved stability of Firewalla booting process and pairing process.
- Improved stability of scheduled blocking.
- Improved stability of monitoring in Simple Mode.
- Bug fixes
- Schedule of blocking rules
- Manage alarm generation and receiving notification
- Device Back Online / Offline Alarm
- VPN Activity Alarm
- Manage Rules per device
- Support deleting device
- Manually input rules to block any site. (and site list support)
- Better ways to understand and process alarms.
- Video Blocking
- bug fixes ... which always be there
- best paired with iOS 1.27 (19) app.
- Dynamic Category Blocking. More accurate control of gaming/social...
- Whois info for a quick look at sites
- Upnp enhancement
- Stability improvements. Various bug fixes
- Support allocating device to the main subnet when monitoring is off [dhcp mode]
- More efficient default block list
- Better resource management
- Better handling of memory allocation for complex networks
- Feature: Social hour. (beta, Block popular social networks for one hour. This is a list, if yours is not on there, please let us know firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Feature: Gaming / Porn / Social Per device blocks. (Beta preview mode, some of the lists are not complete, we are working on completing the list)
- Feature: Instant Blocking
- Feature: Support last 60 mins flow and last 30 days flow overview
- Feature: Support enabling IPv6 on the fly
- Feature: Better branch switching
- Feature: Support reoccurring policy rules
- Feature: family hour
- Stability enhancement
- BUG: should ignore duplicated policy and exception
- BUG: similar alarms are not handled correctly
- BUG: the status of firewalla itself can't be refreshed by sensors
- BUG: should not auto-archive auto block alarm
- BUG: nat-pmp crash production
- BUG: problems with pinging some routers that don't like ping
- BUG: ntp sync may not work
- BUG: upnp may not work
- Feature: Next-gen ad block, ad block + family mode
- Feature: Make firewalla cloud unblockable
- Feature: Able to disable some features at runtime
- Feature: Support query host stats by mac address
- Stability and performance enhancement
- Fix bug: DHCP "monitoring off" doesn't work
Post is closed for comments.