Thanks for the interesting product. I am seriously considering buying the FWG+.
I see that some of the features are data-driven and, therefore, need to be constantly updated. Examples are signature-based IDS/IPS and the parental control block list. Additionally, data about malicious websites also need to be updated.
I am impressed that some posts showed signatures were quickly deployed when vulnerabilities were found.
But I want to ask about your operational policy of updating the signatures and block lists. Specifically:
- Do you have a standard operational procedure for updating the data?
- What data are being updated?
- How often do you update the data?
- How exhaustive are the updates? In other words, how do you know the update covers most new exploits?
- What is the source of the data? Do you mainly compile the data in-house? Or obtain from open-source? Or purchase them from vendors? if it is a mix of those, what would be the percentage of each?
I apologize in advance for so many questions. But, since an important part of the product is data driven, I would like to know how the data is being prepared.
Please sign in to leave a comment.