I am looking to redo my network and divide it into multiple networks for specific devices. Right now, I just have one network and all devices are connected to it. I have switches and APs that can manage VLANs so figured that I might start using that. FWG acts as the main router to power it all.
My network has the following devices:
1) Computers (Macs, PCs), iPads and Phones (iPhones, Android) as primary devices used by my family
2) Philips Hue and IKEA lightbulbs (with hubs) that are mostly automated to turn on and off. Thinking of adding Hubitat at some point and also looking at smart locks and switches.
3) Ring cameras and security system
4) HomePods, AppleTV, Alexa and Google hubs and Sony Android TV.
5) All the networking switches and APs as well as the NAS
How many networks should I define and how should they be isolated? Each network will also likely have a WiFi and I’m guessing some of these can be restricted to 2.4GHz only. Would appreciate thoughts on best way to segment these.
Please sign in to leave a comment.