I posted this disconcerting issue a few weeks ago but had no responses. It's pretty troubling TBH and I currently have little confidence in my standard Blue box.
I had several IP cameras and I don't want them to be phoning home. Typically the phone-home is to p2p.reolink.com, Reolink being the manufacturer. The cameras are in a 'Cameras' group, and the rule structure is simple:
- Block all traffic for 3 geo regions
- Allow all traffic for a limited range in the VPN IP range
- Block to and from the internet
- Allow traffic to domain pool.ntp.org
- Allow traffic to domain smtp.gmail.com
So with that rule-set why can I see regular activity to p2p.reolink.com? Am I hopelessly misunderstanding the rules hierarchy?
Please sign in to leave a comment.