The monitoring mode is chosen during the initial setup. If Firewalla Gold has already been set up, you can switch the monitoring mode without rebooting or resetting the Box.
Simple Mode/DHCP Mode -> Router Mode
- If Firewalla Gold is previously running in DHCP mode, please turn on the DHCP Service on your main router before continuing.
- Don't worry about losing internet connection during the process, Firewalla App will setup the network configuration through Bluetooth.
- Please keep the security dongle is securely plugged into the Gold Box, the Bluetooth on your phone is turned on, and stay close to the Box.
Step 1. Tap on "Monitoring" -> "Mode", switch to Router mode. Don't quit the App during the switching process.
Step 2. Some ISP's modem may require you to reboot the modem before connecting a new device. Please check your ISP modem manual. Please make sure the modem is fully up before going to the next step.
Step 3. Unplug the ethernet cable between your previous main router and Gold's WAN port (Port 4), wait for 5 secs, then connect your ISP modem's LAN port to Gold's WAN port.
Step 4. Tap on "Network" -> "Edit", delete the existing WAN connection, then create a new WAN connection on Port 4, in order to get a new IP address assigned by the ISP. [Note: If the current WAN connection type and the ISP required type are both DHCP, please skip this step. ]
The type of connection depends on the requirement from your ISP:
- DHCP: Get the IP Address assigned by the modem/router automatically.
- Static IP: Manually assign an IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS server for your connection. The static IP should be provided by your ISP. Otherwise, please make sure the IP Address is in the subnet of the router you are connected to.
- PPPoE: This requires an ISP-provided user name and password to connect to the Internet.
- Triple Play: Here is the specific guide on how to set up Triple Play VLAN on Gold.
Step 5. If you want to use your old router's Wifi. Connect your old router's WAN port to Gold's LAN port (port 1/2/3), test the connection, if all works, then turn the router into bridge mode or AP mode. Here is the tutorial.
Step 6. Reconnect your device to the network (the WiFi SSID and password will not be changed).