When the WAN connectivity is lost on Firewalla Gold/Purple, you can access the box and configure the network settings in two ways:
1. If the App is connected to the same local network as Firewalla Gold/Purple, you should be able to access the box and change the network settings via the local network.
Note: If you are not able to login the Firewalla app (which requires internet access), you may switch to LTE and login, then switch back to the local Wifi.
2. If Gold is not accessible from the local network either, make sure
- Your phone is connected to the internet (4G/LTE), and the Bluetooth is turned on,
- If you are using Firewalla Gold, make sure the red security dongle is securely plugged into the USB port on the Gold box,
- Your phone is close enough to the Firewalla box.
So you can launch the Firewalla App, then change and save network settings via Bluetooth.
Once the network settings are correctly configured and saved, the internet connectivity would be restored immediately.