This guide is for Purple and Gold series boxes. In case you have problems pairing with Firewalla, here is a simpler manual way to pair your mobile device to your Firewalla box.
Required app version:
- iOS: 1.38 or above
- Android: 3.3.18 or above
- Power on Firewalla and connect the WAN port to the LAN port of your existing router.
- Connect one end of a different ethernet calbe to a Firewalla LAN port and connect the other end to a device with an ethernet port, such as PC or Mac.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Your device should be allocated with an IP like 10.10.0.*.
- Open browser on your device, visit the web page http://10.10.0.1, it should show a QR code. (This site is accessible in 10 mins for paired box, 1 hr for new box since power is on).
- Open Firewalla app, tap top-left camera, and scan the QR code on the web page. It will start pairing process.
- Then, scan the QR code on the bottom of Firewalla box. Waiting for pairing to succeed and set it up like usual.
Here is the topology: