This guide is for Purple and Gold. In case you have problems pairing with Firewalla, here is a simpler none automatic way to do the pairing.
Required app version:
iOS: 1.38 or above
Android: 3.3.18 or above
1. Power on Firewalla and connect the WAN port to the LAN port of your existing router.
2. Find another ethernet cable, connect one end to one LAN port of Firewalla, connect the other end to a device having an ethernet port, such as PC or Mac.
3. Wait for 30 seconds
4. Your device should be allocated with an IP like 10.10.0.*.
5. Open browser on your device, visit the web page http://10.10.0.1, it should show a QR code. (This site is accessible in 10 mins for paired box, 1 hr for new box since power is on)
6. Open Firewalla app, tap top-left camera, and scan the QR code on the web page. It will start pairing process.
7. Then, scan the QR code on the bottom of Firewalla box. Waiting for pairing to succeed and set it up like usual.
Here is the topology:
Please sign in to leave a comment.