If you are seen strange devices on your network
- triple check if these are real devices or not. We have seen users have very old devices attached to their network ...
- It is also possible these are your neighbor's devices ...
- And if (1)(2) are false, then this device is likely a virtual device created by another device. For example
- If you have ATT router 5268AC, you may see another device also named 5268AC. This device is a virtual interface created by the physical device.
How to deal with these devices
- If you know these devices are legit, then please leave them, they are there to provide you some functions.
- If you have no idea what the "parents" of the device is
- Look at the first 3 bytes of the MAC address of the virtual device.
- Match the 3 bytes of the MAC address with other devices...
- We can not recommend how to deal with these devices; but it make sense to use firewalla to block these devices until something is broken.