How does category blocking rule work?
When creating a rule, you can choose from a set of system-managed target categories, such as Gaming, Social, Video, etc.
Each category contains a list of domains or IP addresses associated with a specific type of activities. Firewalla automatically populates the list in each category by learning the traffic in your network, but you can also view and edit the list manually.
When you want to access certain site blocked by a category, for example, you have a block on All Social Sites, but you still want to access Pinterest without removing the category block, see below.
How to access site blocked by category
There are two ways you can do.
1. Remove the site from the category list
- Go to the rule detail
- Tap on the "Matching Target"
- Find the category, e.g. All video sites, tap the "i" icon on the right side,
- Local the site you are having issue with, tap on it
- Remove it from the list.
2. Create a rule to allow the site
Allow rules will always take precedence over Block rules, so the site won't be blocked any other rules.
- Go to Rules
- Tap Add Rule
- Set the action to "Allow"
- Specify which domain you'd like to access on which device.
- Save the rule.
Please sign in to leave a comment.