Firewalla Apps for iOS (1.37) and Android (3.1) are now released to the app store.
To accompany all the new features in the 1.97 release (currently in early access mode) of the Firewalla Box Software (Red/Blue/Gold), we made a few UI changes and enhancements. We hope you like it!
- We moved all the "family" related functions under the "Family" button.
- As suggested by some of you, we added external lookups to domains and IP addresses. This will help you to handle alarms better.
- Rules are cleaned up to make "allow" rules simpler in 1.97.
- Rules display will also make device grouping and segmentation rules more flexible.
- Least used features like DDNS will be moved to be under the (+) button. Leaving room for many more features for the future.
1. Family Protect, Social Hour, Safe Search features are now merged into a single button "Family" that's accessible from the Home screen. You can easily manage all the features designed for families on one screen without losing any flexibility.
2. Rules are now organized by devices. This would be useful for those who have many rules and will make it more intuitive to navigate when new features such as device group and network segmentation come in. You can still use search to quickly get to individual rules.
3. Suggested by a few passionate users, we now support security lookup on domains and IP addresses with Cisco Talos, Google Safe Browsing and Whois, for alarm and network flow destination details.
4. DDNS button on the Home screen is now moved under the "+" button to make room for other more frequently used features.