Making Sure Firewalla is Running:
- When Firewalla is fully booted, you should see only one green ethernet light flashing.
- There should be no other LED lights. (it is by design, we don't like lights)
- If you have the green and yellow ethernet lights on (constant, no flashing), something is wrong. Please power cycle the box. (unplug and plugin)
- There are two hidden lights, you will see them from the side. One green and bright blue.
- These should be either flashing or solid, only during the first 5 min or so. This means Firewalla is up and ready for pairing. (On the first boot, before anything is paired, these lights will be solid even longer)
- When blue/green lights are off, pairing is off, and you are
- Make sure ethernet cable is plugged in securely.
- Make sure the power cable is plugged into the MicroUSB port on the side with "FIREWALLA" logo. And the other side of the micro USB cable plugs into our supplied USB power module. (You can experiment with USB ports on your router, that's for later, we have good success with USB 3.0 ports, USB 2.0 may not work, and can cause problems, we absolutely no guarantee that all USB ports will work to power Firewalla.)
- The full-sized USB port should be clear, don't plug anything there.
- The MicroSD card slot should have an 8GB disk in. If not, let us know. If you play with it, make sure you plug it back in and seat it inside the slot.
- Double check the MicroSD card fully in. (you can push it in and pop it out and push it back in)
If you have multiple routers in the home, please make sure your phone is connected to the same network as Firewalla. Firewalla will broadcast to this network during pairing.
If your Firewalla is booting and running (via the lights), and still don't see Firewalla icon on the app. Please kill the app and relaunch. This will refresh the pairing process.
The pairing process only happens for 30 min after Firewalla boot. So you can't wait too long between powering on the Firewalla and pairing it.
- If the pairing is not happening (you don't see firewalla icon on the app main screen), please take a look inside of Firewalla, you should not see dark, or any flashing. Should be just two lights steady.
- Please double check and see if you have any security software running. Such as Lookout, Airwatch, Mobileiron ... these may have policies that block traffic.
More Simple Check List
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is securely connected both ends
- The SD Card is securely pushed in.
- Make sure you are using the enclosed USB adapter for power. (or a better one)
- Your iPhone is in Wifi mode and connects to the router you connect Firewalla to.
- If you have VPN (or anything like VPN) on your iPhone/Android, please turn that off.
If after 6 min after plugin power, you see both the green / yellow light on the ethernet port on. Then you will need to do a hard reset, please follow this instruction
If after 6 min the ethernet light is green/flashing, and the inside light is flashing. Wait for 4 more min, if the light still flashing, and you know the network is good, you may need to do hardreset