Step 1, on the phone that's already paired with Firewalla:
- Launch the Firewalla app, and tap on the Firewalla icon that you want to pair to
- On the top right corner, tap on the gear icon to bring up Settings
- Tap on the Advanced option
- Go to the "Allow Additional Pairing" option, turn on Additional Pairing.
Step 2: If the phone is in the same wifi/network as the Firewalla:
- Launch the Firewalla app
- Wait for up to 60 seconds, and you will see a "New Firewalla" icon show up on the home screen.
- Tap on the icon to go through the pairing process. The pairing cycle only lasts for about 10 min.
QR Code Pairing For iOS only, Android support coming soon
- Tap on the scan icon on the top left corner of the app main page to scan the QR code generated in Step 1
- Follow instructions to finish the pairing.
- You can also email the QR code generated so the phone can be paired remotely. There is a strict time window, or the QR code will expire.
If you are having problems with this, please wait at least 15 min between the next try. This will help the system flush out the MDNS entries which were used to check if your phone is on the same network as Firewalla.
If you don't have access to the paired phone anymore
- Pull the power plug off Firewalla and reconnect it.
- Wait 6-8 min. (not too long, or the pairing process will shut down)
- Launch Firewalla app,
- Follow the same process as you are pairing a new Firewalla